FortuneNutta
a little word from the fortune nutta
about
nata likes long walks along the beach...italian food...and sad sack music

Previous Posts
Touch Down...Melbourne
And so begins the journey...
VIVA ITALIA!!!!
And here we go.....


Archives
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006



Links
jouljet
nixout
tjadventures
kuju








Template by Will Schaller
SURPRISE, SURPRISE...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8/15/2006 12:39:00 pm

One of the most gratifying moments of my trip home was the surprise i gave my parents. After i was picked up from the airport, my aim was to go back the my brother's house and beautify myself before seeing my parents. As everything else in my life.. nothing goes as planned! I was relaxing with my brothers when we got the news that by coincidence, half of my extended family was going to my parents house for some reason or another... just my luck. This news sprung us all into to contingency plan mode!!! Sacrificed was my shower, hour of rest and make-up application. We had to move and execute the surprise before my parents' entire family congregated around our kitchen table.

Thus begun our afternoon. We looked like pathetic extras in a Mission Impossible film. A convoy of cars were used to eliminate any suspicion. Joey and I were in his car; Sam, March and baby were in theirs and Han rocked up in her car. In all these situations, timing in crucial. Han got to my parents' house first, only to be questioned on the reason for her good mood. Sam & co followed a casual ten minutes later to discover my father standing in the front yard having a predictably lengthy conversation with his neighbour! Knowing that Joey and I were about to arrive, Sammy started his frantic phone calls that would ensure our delay. So while Sammy was attempting to desperately, yet inconspicuously have my dad join my mum in the house, Joey and I looked like two would be house bugulars casing our next targets - both of us on phones rolling ever-so-slowly around the neighbouring streets.

After what felt like an entirnity, we go the code green fron Sam.. all players were in position - entrance: Good to go!!

I stood outside for a few moments listening to the much missed everyday conversation coming from my mum's kitchen. It felt like i was never away! The gorgeous smells of home cooked meals found me instantly and i couldn't help smiling - the anticipation was starting to make me anxious. After getting the signal from team leader Sammy, i walked into my parents house for the first time in almost 2 years. My dad sitting closest to the door stared at me with a shocking lack of recognition, whilst my mum couldn't stop yelling my name. After a few minutes i had to offer my dad confirmation that it was me to shake him out of his shock. And then came the tears... followed by "What are you doing here?", followed by more tears. I can't even tell you how long we were standing there hugging and crying.. what i can say is that it was really sweet - the wait was all worthwhile.

Marcella was on hand for some classic photo opportunities (thanks March x), and my little brother stepped into chef mode and fired up lunch. Watch this spot for photos xx

The afternoon was consumed with questions, astonishments, laughter, food, family.. and yep.. more tears.

0 comments