FortuneNutta
a little word from the fortune nutta
about
nata likes long walks along the beach...italian food...and sad sack music

Previous Posts
And so begins the journey...
VIVA ITALIA!!!!
And here we go.....


Archives
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006



Links
jouljet
nixout
tjadventures
kuju








Template by Will Schaller
Touch Down...Melbourne

Friday, August 11, 2006 8/11/2006 05:41:00 am

Having stopped over in Auckland for re-fuelling (and more shopping :) ) I fastened my seat belt for the last leg of my trip.. HOME!! I arrived in Melbourne at 10.30 Sunday morning. Considering i hadn't slept for a few days... it could have been midnight in outerspace - i wouldn't have known otherwise! I bought another bottle of alcohol after i was informed of Australia's increased allowance into the country, some cigarettes for my boy and through customs i went.

One of my biggest apprehensions of returning home after so long was my little girl's reaction the moment she saw me! I had no idea what to expect; what words, if any, was she going to say?? The moment i walked through those arrival doors, i searched the many faces until i found the ones i was so longing to see! My brother Joey was there with my sister-in-law (to be) Hanako and my big brother Sammy was standing beside my heavily pregnant sister-in-law Marcella. As much as i longed to see their smiles and teary eyes, the only person who captured my attention was my baby girl Montana. Sammy was holding her up high ensuring she wouldn't miss a moment of action. I heard him whisper in her ear "Who's that??" He put her down over the railing and she ran into my arms. She reached her arms around my neck, stroked my face and kissed me. In that moment, i felt as if i was never away from her. It was the sweetest moment of my life as she stared at me, smiled and said she loved me "too much". I couldn't stop hugging her and asking questions. My tears turned into laughter when Montana fired her only question to me... "Zia, where are Tana's presents??" Yep.. good to be home!

My boys were great; Sammy sporting a goate and Joey parading around in a freshly cut mohawk. Sammy being his impatient self couldn't wait to get to the car; Han couldn't stop going on about how much i had changed; Joey was searching for the quickest exist which would allow him to have a smoke.. not relising that we all had to wait for the pregnant March to return from the bathroom before moving out. Uh Huh.. nothing had changed!

Next stop... Seeing my parents.. they had better be home!!

0 comments